What is Intergroup, and why should we support it?
To appreciate what Intergroup is, it sometimes helps to start with what Intergroup is not. Intergroup is not an authority figure. We are not here to tell you what to do, what to think, how to run your meetings, or what to do with your meetings’ funds. Intergroup is an ACA WSO sanctioned assembly of unpaid local South East Florida meeting volunteers, devoting their time to help ensure ACA thrives in South East Florida. By members, for members. Ideally every South East Florida ACA meeting will have an active Intergroup Representative (IR) that attends the quarterly Intergroup meetings, and participates. Your Intergroup is funded thru donations by individuals and meetings from around the area. Intergroup in turn services the various meetings and community through the following:
- Serve as a comprehensive news and information source for ACA’s in South East Florida
- Carry the message to those who still suffer
- Fund and support new meetings and meeting development
- Fund and organize the annual ACA Picnic (to come)
- Fund and maintain this website: seflaca.org
- Develop and distribute materials that help ACA’s spread the word
- Represent South East Florida to the ACA World Services Organization (WSO) and help shape policy
- Pursue other events that benefit ACA and recovery around the state
- Coordinate and distribute the south east Florida meeting list
- Network and exchange ideas with other Intergroups for ideas and the betterment of the program
- Circulate news between meetings
- Remind meetings of their expired or defaulted WSO meeting listings
- Provide resources to meetings
- Help unify meetings in South East Florida
- Help people find meetings
- Donate books and literature to libraries, hospitals and correctional facilities
- Ensure ACA is represented in statewide recovery publications
- Help other Intergroups, and participate in communication between Intergroups
- and much more…..
Does your meeting participate in Intergroup in any form? In addition for the need for attendance, these important tasks have costs, and can function much more effectively with your help. Your help can take the form of communication, participation, and or support. As the ACA program experiences its resurgence, it is more important than ever that your group participates, and we provide a unified front in our effort to grow the program in South East Florida. Please tell us how we can better serve your needs by commenting below.
Thank you for your consideration.
Yours in service,